Everyday God - Amazon

Saturday, December 18, 2010

My porcelain mug

I was reminded again today about the fragility of human life. In a frightening instant it is taken away. Hearing of someone loosing a young child this time of the year is especially difficult and my heart goes out to the family. Yet how is it that day to day we wake up and go about our business not remembering the fragility of life until it hits us in the face.

I love coffee and collecting coffee mugs is my special fettish. I have MANY.  My one favourite set is a set of hand crafted wild life mugs, they really are my kind of beautiful. Then there are my special travel mugs that I collect on my travels as well as from friends travels, they are indeed special.  Recently though my eye was drawn to a mug I hadn't used but had received for one of my birthdays, I had a look at the bottom and the label at the bottom said bone china..... wow, not only rare but very fine in design.  Indeed if you tap a teaspoon against it you can hear the difference between the bone china and the normal pottery mugs you get for everyday use.

Our lives are like that.... precious bone china. Unique, fine, beautiful yet useful and functional and especially crafted by God for a unique purpose. If you haven't done so in a while, thank God today for the life you have right now.

Take the time to remember those who may be grieving this time of year and if you can give them some special love!

No comments:

Post a Comment