Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life guide

Recently I had an amusing situation with my cell phone. Somehow I had managed to turn my phone onto flight mode without noticing it. The anguish........ In a week when not much had gone right already, I thought life was conspiring against me. That in mind my thoughts turned to say, "Lord, what are you trying to teach me today?"

Many ideas crossed my mind as to what God was possibly trying to teach me. Until in a moment of frustration I eventually started checking the settings on my phone, only to discover that they had all been mixed up some how. A few minutes of fiddling and BINGO! I was back on line.

All the while, the flight mode symbol had been on and I realized that I just had just not payed attention when reading the manual. Sometimes life teaches us that what we had expected to learn isn't what God intended and that the purpose is far simpler.

We need to learn to pay attention to the instruction manual. I hear you say that there is no manual for life..... I beg to differ. God's word is our guide and we need to hear what the word has to say about our specific situation.

So take some time to look at your life guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment