Everyday God - Amazon

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A life time to know him

One of my bible school lecturers once said that he believed that our time on earth is mearly a training school for heaven and that we are placed here to spend our lives learning to worship God.

I agree. As the years for me race towards heading for 40 I've learned that every day is a new walk with God. There is seldom a time when God doesn't surprise me.  Walking with him is a daily growth path and it never ends.  It is little wonder to me that Paul at the end of his life writes, that he still desires to know him, in the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings. Paul had reached the understanding that the learning never ends.

In Corinthians we read that when we are in heaven we will know him fully, even as we are fully known. I long to know Christ more each day and know that only in God's presence in heaven will the true splendour of his Glory be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment