Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, October 17, 2011

That's Joburg for you!

In the past I've wasted much time and energy stressing about bad traffic. This often lead to feelings of depression, thinking life's not worth it.

Last week from two different sources God gave me Jeremiah 29:11 (when God does that it's time to listen), "For I know the thoughts I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future ".

It would seem from this that small things like bad traffic don't change God's plans for us, so why do we let it bother us? I think God is telling us that we are on track with his plans and we need to rest in that assurance.

Sure I'll have to work the time back but that's a minor problem. I'm not saying I'll never get annoyed by bad traffic again, but I think I'm gaining some new perspective.

Satan will use any ploy he can to throw us off track with our future, remember God's word and cleave to that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment