Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

From scratch

A few years ago I made some big mistakes. I took my eye off having faith in God and started trying to live life very much in my own strength. Disaster struck and I was forced to make some big corrective changes in the way I managed my life.

The learning curve was hard and painful, but I have learnt so much through it all. I have learned afresh God's grace and forgiveness. The other thing that I have had to learn from scratch is how to live by faith.

Psalm 37:4 reads, "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." As I have drawn closer and closer to God he has once again taught me how to live by faith.

I'm seeing now again that as I commit my desires to him, wait on his guidance and act in faith how he provides. God desires for us to have joy in him and to celebrate life.

If you have given up on faith, why don't you draw near to God and allow him to care for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment