Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It was a couch affair


Ever since I bought my town house in 2004 I have wanted to buy a good sleeper couch. I made up my mind as to what amount I wanted to spend and searched. I just never have been able to find something I liked at a price I was happy with.

A short while ago I saw a couch I really liked at House & Home on 14th avenue going for R4000. I kept it in the back of my mind but carried on looking. On the Sunday after my wardrobes arrived, I took some time out for coffee and cake at one of the shopping centres close to me. I had forgotten that there was a House & Home there too and when I went inside there was the couch I wanted..... marked “Was R4000 now R2500”.

I had to act quick because the sale was about to end....but I got it! When we learn to wait for God's timing he brings the best blessings into our lives. The trick is that God's timing is not our timing. Learning to wait on God is hard but the rewards are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment