Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Caught napping

We all oversleep at some time, some more than others :-) Well this morning was my turn. I thought I'd hit the snooze button but obviously not. Jumping out of bed at 6:15 meant I had to move fast and change my routine to catch up.

Spending time reading the word should be a crucial part of our Christian walk. We all get derailed at some point though and the loss of momentum can leave us feeling lost.

Getting back on track can be easier than you think. There are many tools out there that can assist you with getting going. If you have access to internet, you can google 'Bible reading plan' and you'll be shown a stack of sites.

No internet? Don't stress. I suggest you start with the book of John in the New Testament and continue through the New Testament and then stop with Jude if you're a novice. You can track your progress with a simple spreadsheet or a manual list.

A bit more of a practical post for today, but I hope it helps someone :-)

1 comment:

  1. If you put your alarm clock in the bathroom, you can't hit the snooze button without getting up. While you're there, have a drink of water and you're wide awake :-)

    ReplyDelete