Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pendulum

I'll admit that I'm the type of person that can get quickly flustered.  Small problems can often trigger feelings of anger or anxiety.  Unfortunately life finds a way to bring situations like that across our paths regularly.  At times like that it can be difficult to get centered, calm and able to focus again. 

A pendulum very simply works on a principle that a suspended weight bob can swing back and forth until gravities force brings it back into the equilibrium position (still).  So how do we get to a point of emotional and spiritual equilibrium?

What works for me is to have easy access to either scripture or a devotional that can bring my wandering thoughts back to God.  As I read and meditate on God, I find my soul is gently calmed and I can more quickly find peace and continue to focus on other activities that require my attention. 

Will you try it for yourself and find peace in our hectic world?

No comments:

Post a Comment