Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A tale of destruction


It seems the tale of York Cathederal would match the tale of many of our lives. Just when you think you've achieved something, the devil comes in and tears it down and you have to start all over again.

It seems the orginal construction of York began in 630AD and was comleted in 637AD but was a considerably smaller structure than now stands. The building was destroyed by fire in 741 and then rebuilding began. Like the previous cathederals I've mentioned it suffered many destructive moments. New wings were added in the 1250's and the cathederal was finally declared complete in 1472, 842 years after it started.

I am greatful to God for allowing me to take these trips down memory lane. What I am witnessing as I research these magnificent structures, is that God is no rush! At times I've been so frustrated by how long it seems to be taking for a promise I've received from God years ago to come into fruition.

What I can say for a certainty right now is this: He who began a good work in you, will complete it to the day of Christ...... and that day is when he is convinced construction is complete. We can take this away – God finishes what he starts, so never give up hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment