Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, April 18, 2011

Practice makes perfect!

If you were remotely around Christian circles in the late 80's early 90's, then the music of Carmen must have had some impact on your existence. I can still hear the sounds of "Lazarus, Lazarus, Lazarus come forth!"

A wave of faith hit anyone within remote earshot of those powerful words. Now take that back 2000 years and I'm sure the reaction was very different. Fear, dread, excitement, but as Lazarus appeared from the grave, the greatest joy ever must have errupted as this friend of Jesus was raised from the dead. I wonder....... Was this a practice round for what Jesus knew was to come? Was this the first time Jesus had exercised his faith before a greater miracle was due? I think not.

Why did Mary, the mother of Jesus say to the servant girls at the wedding, "whatever he says to you... Do it!" I believe because Jesus had practiced his miracle working power at home.

His actions of practicing his faith saw him stand ready and confidently proclaim - I am the resurrection and the life! Then he proved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment