Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, April 25, 2011

Got the wedding fever.....but not the usual way!


I just can't help it, Royal wedding fever has gripped me too. But not in the normal way. I'm reminded of my very own walk through West Minster Abby, so I have decided to devote this weeks blogs to just a few of the worlds most amazing cathederals that I have had the priviledge to visit.

Starting with Notre Dame in Paris. To each cathederal there are such unique experiences, sights and sounds that words hardly manage to describe their majesty, beauty and craftmanship of each magnificent structure. Reading briefly through the history of this structure, I am struck with awe. Work began in 1163AD and only ended in 1345AD. That's a staggering 182 years. Just not comprehendible in our microwave society where we get mad if our house isn't built in 6 months. The trials this structure has overcome are also simply awesome: French revolution in 1790, nearly being destroyed by fire in 1871, world war 2 in 1939.

Yet with each of these revolutions, wars and natural disasters men stood firm and rebuilt or refurbished this majectic building. To enter these buildings is to only begin to understand the courage, faith and vision that it must have taken to see these structures become reality. I want to encourage you to see your life as more than just a 70-100 year time of worship on earth, but a God ordained vision that can last for thousands of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment