Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oberammergau

I was privileged to spend my 11th birthday in the little town of Oberammergau in Austria.  An experience I'll never forget.  The beauty of the town can only be compared to some of the most beautiful Cathederals I have ever seen. 

The streets are lined with buildings with paintings one would expect in a Holy chapel.  The story of the town is unique.  In the early 16oo's the area was plagued by the Bubonic Plague. The villagers pledged that if God would spare their town that they would commemorate the life of Christ by performing a play in his honour.  In 1634 the town was healed and since then for nearly 400 years they town has kept it's promise and performed the play every 10 years.

What will it take in your life for you to turn your heart towards God and honour him? For me, it was a simple communion service that changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment