Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, May 31, 2015

What's the purpose of pulp?

My gardening task for this week was digging out one of the geraniums that I had struggled to get out a while ago as well as chopping down the one strelitzia that was leaning against the wall.  The plants grow into a thick mangrove anyhow so one gone wasn't going to look bad.  I had started chopping it down last week but my little finger was still sore so I didn't make much progress.

I managed to get it chopped down this time but only because the plant itself is soft and supple making it relatively easy work.  Well okay, having a good swing at something was great for anger management therapy too, tee hee!.  What fascinated me about the plant was how fibrous it was and the inner core which is a perfect white, smelled sweet, almost like cucumber.  It made me wonder why strelitzia pulp wasn't being produced to make paper or even some sort of building material.  The answer is probably simple and that is that nobody has looked at the plant for that purpose before. 

But what about our purpose in the body of Christ, do we really give it any thought?  For the most part I'd have to say no and the reason for that is because in almost every ministry you will hear people say, that there just aren't enough hands. 

Have you been content to simply attend church and sit on the sidelines?  How about finding out ways that you can be involved?  Sometimes it really doesn't take much effort, but the time you give will mean a lot for the ministry you choose to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment