Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Change of power

By now thoughts of Easter have all but disappeared.  Children are back at school and parents are no doubt hard at work and that short holiday is now a memory.  In some ways I think the disciples must have felt something similar.  After the shock of the cricifixtion and then Christ's miraculous ressurection, their lives must have started to return to what they must have felt would be normal.  The living Christ with them now day by day, teaching them and guiding them. 

But Jesus knew there was one last part of the plan that needed to be completed and to see that picture more clearly we need to take a peak once again at Luke 4:5-6, which reads; "And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it."

Satan had boasted that he had all the power over the earth, but Jesus took that from him when He died and overcame death and the grave.  There was one thing left to do....can you venture a guess?  Well I'll give you a clue.... there were 11 men involved and they needed it.....getting warmer yet?  Let me show you.

Jesus parting words recorded in Matthew 28:18-20 to his beloved diciples makes it clear; "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." 

Yes folks.....we now hold the power, so therefore as we celebrate ascension day, let us live and walk in the power of our resurrected Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment