Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Good old Duck tape

Back in the 80's when McGyver found a problem that needed to be stuck together, the old duck tape roll would come out of nowhere and ....tadah, the problem was fixed!  That was kinda cool.  Not so cool however, was driving behind a mini-bus taxi today with the back door sealed closed with what......?  Yip, you guessed it, duck tape!!!!  It was smashed up pretty badly too mind you. 

I asked myself what in the world would make people actually get inside a vehicle like that?  Are they so desperate that they would honestly risk life or limb just to get somewhere?  The sad answer to that question is yes!  There simply aren't enough safe and efficient transport vehicles on our roads to reduce traffic and congestion and people just feel they have no option. 

The question is, are there times in our spiritual lives when we take unnecessary risks?  From hard life experience I can say yes to that question too.  I know where my worst risks and life mistakes have been and they have usually been at times when I have taken my eyes off of my faith in God.

I'd like to encourage you today that if you are facing difficulties in life, have patience, pray and ask God for wisdom before acting.  Usually in time, God will provide the right solution. 

Trust in God!


No comments:

Post a Comment