Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 18, 2015

He will go anywhere for you!

As the words Jesus spoke into my heart last night have had time to germinate in my soul, I have suddenly found much greater joy and meaning in the words inscribed in Hebrews 4:14-16, which reads as follows:

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Grace, that's what I really needed to hear.  Depression is such an 'ugly' word and for those who seldom feel its grip it is simply not understood..... But here I see Jesus once again saying, "Do not fear, I know what you are going through."  More comforting words I have never heard.  

In all points....yes in all things, Jesus was pushed to the limit of what He could endure and because of this, He knows our joys and more deeply, He knows our sorrows.  Because of this great truth I need not be ashamed, I can do as the writer of Hebrews says, I can hold my head up high as I boldly enter the presence of God and I can feel His love for me radiating from the throne of Grace.   

No comments:

Post a Comment