Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, May 10, 2015

All for a reputation

This past week was one of the toughest I've had in a long time.  It was month end madness and on top of that I had auditors to deal with and they wanted to know everything about the toughest part of my job.  There were no easy explanations and no quick solutions, they needed the information.  The hard part was that I have a non-negotiable deadline to meet by Monday morning. 

By Thursday, I had not even had a chance to start on it yet.  Fear was starting to creep in but I told myself that I'd never missed the deadline before and I wasn't going to start missing it now.  That meant a sacrifice of a couple of hours on Saturday was necessary.  I did get a head start on Friday and I managed to wrap everything by Saturday, so I'm finally out of the woods.

It took dedication, hard work, perseverance and a commitment to the task at hand but at the end of the day it is my reputation that was on the line and I wasn't going to let that slip, not for anything.  In our world today it is so easy for people to get a bad attitude about their jobs and to not perform to the best of their ability.  As Christians let us not make that mistake, for in the end it is not only our reputation at stake but Christ's and we should do everything we can to lift Him up before man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment