Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Take those vitamins



While my body was ill fighting the flu, I was asking myself the question, does it really help taking my vitamins every day if I still get sick?  In my opinion, yes it does help.  I mentioned before that the immune system is the shield against disease, so what are the vitamins to us then?  Vitamins are the support structure that helps our bodies recover from illness. If we likened our immune system to the shield of faith and if it is impossible to please God without faith, then we have to have something to underpin or support our faith. The support structure to faith consists of two things: The word of God and Hope.

The word of God gives us our knowledge of God and belief in God because it tells us about His great works. We have enough evidence to support the fact that the word of God has been fairly accurately translated throughout the centuries to believe in the word of God’s truthfulness. Therefore we can rely on the message that it gives us. The message that the word gives us are the promises of God.

These promises from God are the messages that give us hope to anchor our faith into.  When we have hope for the future we are able to stabilize our emotions in difficult and trying times. 

So have you taken your spiritual vitamins today?

No comments:

Post a Comment