Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tuck me in

Every evening we have a routine. The kitties go out for their last run around and bathroom break before heading to bed. The other night however, after bringing the kitties in they just would not settle down. So I decided to leave them for a bit and continued with my computer work.

After a while Ginger came to my room and was acting all agitated and even scratched the carpet like he usually does when he wants to go out. As it was late, I rowed at him that he was just not going outside again. To my surprise as I got downstairs he turned straight for their bedroom instead of the front door. I finally figured out that all he wanted was for mommy to tuck him into bed. Boy did I feel guilty, but it all ended up well in the end.

We all need the love and peace that comes from a secure home and the warmth of our bed and yet there are millions of people living in poverty today. My prayer is that one day as mankind we will put our fighting and petty arguments aside and work together to eliminate poverty.

In our relationship with God we need that security as well. That is why fellowship with other Christians is so important. A church where you can feel at home and loved with Christian friends and leaders to love and support you through life's difficult moments is vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment