Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Stripped away

Well its nearly three weeks now since the geyser incident and I'm still sleeping downstairs on the sleeper cough waiting for the insurance approvals. I'll only be able to do the work once I go on leave, so I'm guessing I've got at least a minimum of another three weeks to go. Each night I try to bring down a few things and make space for them downstairs and all the while, it feels like I'm stripping something away from my life.

That may sound strange considering it is just furniture, clothes and other normal living items but wrapped up in all that are the memories. Memories of the day I first walked into my house nearly 10 years ago and looked at the bare apartment and decided to make this building home. Memories of great joy and wonderful experiences, and memories of sadness and pain.

With every item that is removed from the current room I prepare my heart for the joy of closure. The joy of being able to look at the past and celebrate the successes and let go of the failures and look forward to something new. I have faith that God has brought me through a difficult season and as much as my home is about to start a process of renovation, this mirrors the truth of the renovation that has taken place within my soul.

Whatever season you are facing right now, have faith in God! He who began a good work in you, will be faithful to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment