Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, July 14, 2014

No ordinary Friday night

Friday evening came and as I headed home from work I was looking forward to the familiar routine and time spent with kitties. I'd also hoped to get an early night in preparation for the world cup play off's and final to take place over the weekend. As I got out the car I noticed water on my roof in an odd spot but had no idea what it was from. Entering my home I could hear noises which sounded like water falling and my downstairs bathroom floor was wet. I looked around and noticed water dripping from the roof so headed upstairs, only to find the entire upstairs area covered in water.

I went round the back of the house to find the valve to switch the water off and there to my surprise was a waterfall flowing from the roof out onto the back garden. I struggled for some time to get the water switched off and then waited for the plumbers to arrive. The plumbers eventually arrived and found that a valve on the geyser had burst sending water everywhere. It took much work to try and remove what I could from the room and to move the furniture out of the water but eventually I got done but the house was in a mess.

Was I rattled? Of course yes! I did panic at first and wished I had family closer by to come and help, but that's life for you when you live in Joburg miles away from family and yes it did hurt. By Saturday morning though the shock had worn off and I had resigned myself to my fate and spent the day trying to restore some order and get all the immediately necessary items downstairs.

By Sunday, with colour swatches in hand I started window shopping. Key to a renewed positive attitude was Romans 8:28 knowing that all things will work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. I'm not about to let the devil's destructive plans ruin the joy of shopping for a new look for my upstairs area. With my faith in our restoring God ever strong, I stand firm knowing that God will turn this story around for His Glory!

Please stand in faith with me that God will grant me wisdom and strength through this renovation season!

No comments:

Post a Comment