Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Would they believe it?

Ginger loves to scratch my carpet to get my attention that he wants something. I asked kitty, “Do you think the insurance company would believe me if I told them you ripped out my carpet?” Right on cue, he shook his head, Lol!

Round about now I am busy despising the whole insurance industry. They suck you dry on premiums but when something goes wrong they only pay out the bare minimum that you might need to do a job. Well that being said I haven't been paid out yet, still waiting but I go the figures on Friday and it is not looking pretty. The situation has left me very frustrated as I know that for the time being it looks like I won't be able to get the repairs done to my liking, well not at least within the time scale I had planned. Feeling out of control of a situation can really make one angry.

Tonight's sermon at church about Daniel, really hit the nail very painfully on the thumb. Faced with the impossible task of not only having to recount king Nebuchadnezzar's dream but also to interpret it, Daniel had only one way out. That was to call on his friends to pray with him but also to lean heavily on God for wisdom.

In life it is only when we surrender control of our situation to God that He is able to do the good work that we need to do in our lives. So as I stand asking God to provide I encourage you to join me. What are you desperately relying on God for right now? Lean on Him and he will give you the strength to bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment