Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Winter at the movies

I am enjoying our current sermon series at my church titled winter at the movies. It is a contemporary look at some of the themes we get from the movies we watch and what issues of our faith they might question. Our movie this evening was Avatar, naturally I was curious as to what would come out.

Our pastor had his own ideas, looking at the different world philosophy's and comparing them to our faith and what we can learn. I had my own question though. Was Jesus not perhaps the greatest Avatar driver ever?

Scripture tells us that Jesus, while being God, took on the likeness of man and humbled himself unto death. I can barely imagine what that must have been like and consider this, Jesus could have come back at any time period during our world history, but He chose to come back at a very specific time when death by Crucifixion was common practice. There were no human rights declarations back in those times.

God did not wait for mankind to see heaven, he sent heaven to us in the form of His Son so that we could learn to communicate with Him through our humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment