Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, July 10, 2014

My poor, poor Hybiscus

Oh how sad I felt when I pulled open the curtain this morning only to look at and see my poor hybiscus all frost bitten. Last year was their first year in the garden and I decided not to spoil them, after all anything in my garden must be tough to survive, but I am sorry that I didn't cover them this year. My only hope is that in a few weeks when spring appears that they will recover with new leaves and flowers.

This winter has been relatively even toned as far as temperatures, so the recent cold and icy spell we have had, took its toll. It would be tempting to throw in the towel and give up on them but I know that they will soon recover. Despite the set back the best thing I can do is to continue to water them after this cold spell has passed to keep the roots fed.

There are times in life when the seasons are unkind but and we are faced with relatively short but painful stings. Never give up, this will soon pass and spring will bring forth new life again. Don't give up on your faith at these times, continue to read God's word and keep your faith steadfast in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment