Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A taste for all things salty

When it happened, I can't quite remember, but I recall a time when we were preparing for a party and my mom was making salad and she had added some olives. I wanted to try one but eeeeiiish, the thing tasted disgusting. I remember that after that I would hold my nose and chew and swallow as fast as I could to get them down. Nowadays though I could polish off a whole packet in one sitting if allowed, especially those yummy calamata's.

Likewise mushrooms were not a favourite growing up but I really enjoy them now. Our taste buds change as we get older and somehow the more saline and salty flavours become enjoyable. As we grow in our relationship with God our spiritual taste buds also change. One scripture verse on its own no longer seems to hold the same weight as reading a full book of the bible or doing a little self study.

So, should you find yourself smacking your lips together, thinking that something is missing in your spiritual life, how about some study time. There are so many wonderful resources available and the Internet is an amazing way to easily browse for the information you are looking for. Just be careful to guard your heart though as not everything that is published is revelation from God. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you so that you can make the most of your study time.


No comments:

Post a Comment