Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What thunder?

During tonight's lovely thunder storm one loud clap had me peering over to my kitty's to check if they were okay.  Why?  Because at the beginning of the spring rainy season, after months of winter drought and silence, my kitties get a real nasty fright at the thunder storms and it usually sends them into hiding.  Well this time however, they were completely relaxed. 

I talked last night about fear and how that holds us back, but the amazing thing is that if we face our fears and deal with things head on, we usually get to a point of complete peace faced with a similar situation later on. 

So how do we minimize our fears?  One good acronym I've seen for fear is: False Evidence Appearing Real.  That is what the devil does, he makes us afraid and blows things totally out of proportion. The next is to focus on what God's word tells us and to listen to God's voice when He says: 

Isaiah 41:10  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

When we turn our eyes and our hearts towards God and trust in His will for our lives, we can have complete confidence that God will fulfill His word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment