Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Back to the muppets: Moving right along

This subject has popped up twice tonight in different conversations so I guess it bares attention.  That subject being why we don't let go and move forward with life in a positive direction.  Again I was reminded of one of my favourite Muppet songs, "Moving right along." 

Moving right along, duppy dum, foot loose and fancy free.......... If only!

So why do we hang on so tight, be it to a relationship, a financial disaster a death in the family or any other catastrophe?  Well primarily it is because we haven't dealt with all the seven stages of grief, and grief is not only limited to death.  One very key factor I believe we get stuck is because of fear. 

The fear of letting go is primarily because we believe there is nothing better out there than what we have already experienced.  We don't feel good enough to have another relationship; we don't feel that we are good enough to find another job; we don't feel we are wise enough to make better choices with our money....ring true?  Certainly does for me and if we are honest we have all been there. 

So what do we do?  I could say it like it was a cliche, "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me", but look at that sentence closely:  I can [I believe I can], do all things [that really does mean anything I need to do], through Christ [for He is the only one that is able to truly be my source] who strengthens [He gives me all His power and might] me [yes ME]

Once again I have to go back to the basis of our faith and that is that it is real and that Christ really can do anything we ask Him to do in our lives and in that we can and must have confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment