Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Subtle shades of paint



When I renovated my bedroom and bathroom I was determined to get rid of the white walls and boy am I glad I did that.  The toffee main wall brings an awesome warmth into the room like.  I seldom complain if I have to light the candles at night now as the warm candle light against the wall is incredible. The rest of the walls have been painted a light egg shell white which relaxes the eye.  Most importantly the ceiling is now clearly separated and white, which is actually good and gives dimension to the space.

I was in an office this evening after work that also made me ponder the colour of walls.  It was a new block and they had used a pale grey.  I've never liked grey but done like that looked real unique.  You see its all about contrast and the balance that brings to a room.

In our relationships with others we will be attracted to individuals who bring some of the same but most likely a little different views of life to what we have, be that professional or romantic.  These contrasts bring balance to the relationship and helps forge new ways of thinking.

God likes to do that.  He likes to challenge the way we think and bring about paradigm shifts into our lives that become the catalysts of change.  In my teenage years I remember many a youth camp that left me fascinated and pondering the our awesome God.

When last did you allow God to challenge your train of thought or the way you do things?  Maybe it is time to let God set the chess board and let the games begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment