Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Making it real

Each church has its forte and for Mosaiek (Mosaic) theirs is definitely Easter and celebrating the crucifixion of our Lord in a real and meaningful way.  The time of Lent is emphasized and Holy week is celebrated with many wonderful meetings and experiences throughout the week.  The highlight for me though is always the Stations of the Cross art exhibition and I know I have mentioned that last year as well. 

What makes it special though is that each year the display is done differently but with the same core elements so although you know what to expect, it is still fresh every time.  The cross is always central to the exhibit and throughout your walk through the maze you can hear nails being hammered into the cross.  It really hits you hard and the reality of Christs sacrifice is brought to life. 

This year the tomb was open and as you walked inside the figure of our Lord laying there dead and lifeless was awe inspiring.  As I left though I was missing one key element though and that was a depiction of our risen saviour.........

But then I realized that I am that image.  Though in life I have my faults and frailties and at times some may wonder if Christ is in me, I know that God forgives my sin.......isn't that what HE died for anyway? 


No comments:

Post a Comment