Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pile of rubble

After my renovations last year, I was left with a side effect I hadn't counted on and one which contractors failed to bring to my attention and that was the amount of rubble that the renovation would cause that needed to be cleared away afterwards.  I hadn't budgeted for it so it kind of hung around.  I've been removing it bit by bit but it has been frustrating. 

I have been beating myself up about the slow progress on this but today that pile of rubble taught me something.  Firstly that the rubble was a result of an accident.  It wasn't something I did wrong but something that happened too me that I had to deal with.  How often in life does that not happen?  Things happen too us: rape, abuse, neglect, hatred, death, financial loss and in the end we are left with a mess to clean up. 

Secondly, no matter what the origin, 'stuff' takes time to deal with and sometimes you just cannot rush the process.  You have to remove the rubble, i.e. mess of the heartache and pain, one bit at a time.  Ultimately though it will be dealt with.

Whatever your pile of rubble is, bring it to God.  Ask Him for wisdom and strength and ask Him to give you the guidance you need to be able to deal with the 'mess' in your heart and soul.  His desire is for us to live a life of purpose, so allow Him to be your mentor in every way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment