Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, March 23, 2015

No words

Over the last four or so years that I have been writing I have become so accustomed to writing through life's joys and life's pains. Sometimes though it is just inappropriate to do so and that has left me with a loss for words over the last few days. I had taken some time to attend to some personal issues but even though I had the time to write, the words just wouldn't come.

Tonight is no different really but I know I made a commitment to make this blog a part of my life and thus I have to honour that decision. So are there times in our spiritual lives when we need to keep things hidden or secret? Most definitely.

In Matthew 6 Jesus addresses the issues of charitable deeds, giving and prayer and says that all of these should be done in secret or without boasting as when we display these openly we receive our reward from man, but we will miss the rewards of God's approval and blessing. Therefore we should check our hearts and our attitudes when give and when we spend time with God in prayer and keep these things hidden in our secret place.

No comments:

Post a Comment