Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Earth hour 2015

Taking time out this past Saturday to celebrate Earth hour at home was a quiet affair.  Just me, my fire and the bugs, the kitties weren't too interested in this one.  I sat there enjoying the glow of the fire light thinking about what this meant to me.  In one moment when I needed to go inside the thought crossed my mind, how nice it was to have power (electricity) but to choose not to use it. 

That hit home really deeply.  In my own personal life I know that I have had many struggles about my fears and need for control and thinking that I need to give this up can be really scary.  But Jesus faced the same issue and showed us exactly how to deal with it. 

As Jesus sat outside Jerusalem and wept for this Holy city, contemplating the path He must now take, I know that He would have had similar thoughts.  You see Jesus was born of the line of David and was an heir to the throne of Israel through both Joseph and Mary's blood line.  He could have chosen at that moment to ride into Jerusalem and declare His Kingship and legally taken His place as the King of Israel. 

What Jesus chose to do however was the complete opposite.  He did not ride into Jerusalem that Palm Sunday on horse and chariot but on a lowly donkey.  He surrendered His claim to the throne of Israel so that He could earn a much greater title, King of Kings and Lord of Lords over all the earth.....but more importantly, King of our hearts and lives! 

Will you let Jesus be King in your heart today? 


No comments:

Post a Comment