Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, March 30, 2015

The year of the angry bee

Up until last year I could confidently boast that in 40 years I had only been stung by a bee once as a child.  Luckily there were no side effects that time.  Strangely though in the last four months I've been stung twice.  The December sting left no immediate after affect but a week later my foot swelled up but it did heal.  The next sting happened on Sunday and it is still a little red and swollen but I'm on antihistamine's and hoping all will be okay. 

Why does this all bother me?  Well because my dad was highly allergic and I remember seeing his whole face swell up in a deadly sting.  I therefore know that at any time my current good fortune of being able to weather the stings okay could at any time change and become deadly as I've been told that bee sting immunity cannot be guaranteed for life.  I know that danger can come from anywhere but knowing it could be a sting away is really scary.  

None of Jesus disciples knew the path that lay ahead of them.  For 11 our of 12 disciples, the thought that Judas would betray the Christ would never have crossed their minds.  Peter never dreamed that the day would come when he would deny that he knew Jesus..... and none, I mean none, would have believed that their charismatic leader, Jesus the healer and miracle worker, would ever be captured, tried and crucified. 

But all of the above did happen and Jesus did go to the cross!  And thus Satan would have us believe that danger lurks everywhere and that he, Satan is all powerful.....

We know different! 

No comments:

Post a Comment