Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, December 8, 2014

Think like a man

Now now ladies, hear me out! I had to remind myself today that emotions are fickle. How many times do we (men and women) get caught up with paranoid thoughts about what other people think of us, say about us or maybe even what we think they might be plotting against us. We may even overreact to a situation (I know I've done it many times) only to discover that this was not the case at all.

Here is where simple logic comes in and ladies, I think men are generally better at this than we are and thus my title. I do however know that men are also capable of great depth of heart and spirit and at times may loose themselves as easily as we can. Logic however must begin with simple questions. Unfortunately I can't tell you what those questions are but if you start questioning your thoughts, you will soon find out that you are on the wrong track.

You also need to give yourself some grace. Don't put yourself down so easily. Most people who know you would probably say that you are a good person with a good heart, so trust the norm and not the exception. I think when you cut yourself some slack and just breath a little you will feel a sense of calm and peace returning and that is when you can then pray and ask God to guide your thoughts and actions and return you to a state of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment