Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas with the gogga's

I tried really hard to fight it, but the Christmas spirit eventually got a hold of me.  I had given away my tiny Christmas tree some time ago and have not replaced it yet so I decided to be different I wanted to make my own Christmas decorations by making some bedazzled and beaded pine cones. 

Pine cones hold many special memories for me of our childhood years in Nelspruit and the countless times we'd head off into the surrounding forests.  So on Monday on my way home from work I gathered a bag full of pine cones and brought them home to work on.  Some looked fairly clean so I figured I could get to work on them straight away.  Ha! Mother nature reminded me that these cones had been on the ground a while and had been inhabited by some tiny little critters.  After the fright of the bugs crawling out I took them outside to wash and pour over some citronella oil.  Needless to say I only managed to get one decorated before I ran out of time.  At least it will keep me out of mischief for a while. 

The Christmas story is rather messy too.  A stable certainly is not the type of place I would want to bring a new born baby into this world, but what could Mary do?  She had to make the most of a very bad situation.  Likewise our individual salvation stories may be messy, maybe because of a background of drugs, alcohol or abuse keeping us captive to our past. 

As much as we celebrate Christ's birth at Christmas it is already a reminder for us of why He came, that being to save us for eternity.  Whatever your story is, do not fear the mess, come to Christ as you are and His love will transform you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment