Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas: My special gift to self - Confessing my hearts desire

It is Christmas eve and a very special time.  I know my friends in NZ and AUZ are already enjoying the special day.  My special Christmas gift to myself this year is confessing my hearts desire that I truly and deeply want to adopt a child.  At this point I feel God has placed a desire for an Asian baby/child, preferably a girl, on my heart and I'll say why shortly.  The big questions are why do I want to adopt and what does this have to do with Christmas? 

Well I'll tell you!  It is only 3 generations back in my family that my Great Grandfather and Mother, Oupa and Ouma Louw adopted my grandmother, Joyce Louw (born Conradie).  Granny Joyce gave birth to my father, Des Hughes, who along with my mother June, gave birth to me. I had the rare privilege to know my Ouma (Grandmother) Louw and she was an amazing women and thus adoption is close to my heart. 

So where did the Asian bit come in?  Well as a young 12 or 13 year old girl in Nelspruit, I attended a very special youth group, Calvary Assembly Youth Ambassadors for Christ (quite a mouthful).  During a game of 'sweets or the box' I won the book "God's smuggler to China - by Brother David."  Along with desires I have had from early childhood to become a missionary, this birthed a love in my heart for the Chinese people and their plight to live the Christian life under Chinese communist domination.  This was further fueled by the book, "Chasing the Dragon - by Jackie Pullinger." 

Does this mean that this adoption will take place exactly as desired or planned?  Maybe, maybe not, but I know that when God places a desire in your heart it is for a reason and until God tells me otherwise, that is what I will be praying for. 

But there is another reason adoption is so very special to me.  That is because God opened up His master plan for salvation to the Jewish nation to all of mankind when he declared that Gentiles too should be saved.  In Romans 8:15 we read, "For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but we received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba Father."  Our very salvation is God's great act of adopting mankind, paying the price for our redemption and making us His family. 

This is the true story of Christmas, that Christ was born to reconcile man to God!

If you have not yet bought yourself a Christmas gift, I want to encourage you to by my ebook, Growing with God by Ronwyn - Everyday God, available from Amazon.  It is $6.85, +- R50 and will be a blessing to you and your family throughout 2015.  If you don't have a kindle, you can download the app from Amazon when you purchase the book.  You can copy the link below into your browser.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H1M90P6/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_BflHub0W5EFMH

With this, I wish all my GrowingwithGod by Ronwyn readers a blessed and prosperous Christmas. 
Peace on earth and goodwill towards men!
All my love!






No comments:

Post a Comment