Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Fountain of youth

So a cousin and a good friend nagged me to share my tips on ageing gracefully. Lol! I think my body parts south of my neck might not agree. I could say that it is because I drank from a fountain of naturally filtered waters in the Sudwala caves in Mpumalanga not once but several times that my skin has stayed young, but oh that's just a fairy tale.

I do have some genetic factors that play a role, good skin in the family and red heads just don't go grey until late, but I do have some good secrets of my own that do work. Firstly skin care does play a huge role, using the right formula for either dry, combination or oily skin is critical. If that's not done right then the PH levels don't normalise and you break out in pimples. Massaging the skin correctly when cleansing is important to remove impurities. Using a good scrub is essential but my biggest tip is, moisturise and moisturise some more. That helps to keep the skin cells plump and full. I usually moisturise before and after using a hair dryer as the hot air dries your skin.

Diet wise my biggest secret there is lots and lots of salads and then very importantly, I consume as much vinegar as I can manage. Vinegar cleans the blood and also purifies the skin, minimising break outs. Another key indicator that vinegar works well is the fact that it was also used during mummification. All in all these few things keep my skin clean and plumped up.

So what does all this have to do with our spiritual walk? A lot actually. Just like the right skin care products are essential for beauty, the correct application of the word of God to our lives is essential. Just like vinegar cleans the blood, we need to allow the word of God to work in our hearts to cleanse us from within.

But what is the greatest spiritual beauty tip of them all? Making sure you are connected to God, after all, is He not the resurrection and the life? Is He not the one who can quicken our mortal bodies and revive life within us? Oh yes, my biggest beauty secret is is being refreshed by the one who gives life in the first place.

What's your secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment