Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What's the value?

I've developed a new talent, rescuing art! Beautiful pieces of man made creativity which for various reasons have lost their purpose. For me it makes the story of their creation and now their second acquisition all the more fascinating. I do not know the artists but I can definitely piece together a picture of their soul.

I've also discovered that I have a particular liking for oil on canvass. The rich colours bring vibrancy into an otherwise dull space. The question now is are these pieces valued less or more without being paid for?

Jesus asked the same questions relating to value to His disciples. Consider the birds of the air, they do not labour yet the Father tends to their every need. Are we not worth more than the birds? How do we determine value and in particular our own value?

One thing is sure, God valued us enough to send His Son to die on the cross for us. Do you know your own value?


No comments:

Post a Comment