Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Just kept screaming

On Thursday night, our power went out late in the evening. For some unknown reason when this happens every now and then the alarm key pad starts beeping with a loud scream to let you know that there is no power coming to the control panel (as if you didn't know that already). You usually have to go and key in your pin code and then the screaming stops.

This however went on all night. I would just fall asleep and it would start screaming again. Up I got again every time. At around 5am however it decided that this time it would not keep silent, no matter how many times I keyed in the code. Exhausted and still needing more sleep I dragged my bedding downstairs and crashed on the sleeper couch. The distance of being downstairs and a closed door helped.

I tried contacting my boss to find out if I could have the day off as lack of sleep makes me really grouchy. Unfortunately for me it was a “No can do!” Unfortunately neither he or my supervisor were available so I'd have to make the trip. The day was long and dragged on but I finally got through and crashed early that night.

There are times in life when we are just not going to have everything go our way, but we need to have the grace and strength to deal with it. At times like these we can take courage and strength in God's word! After all, we CAN do all things through Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment