Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Just hate dull grey days

If there is one type of weather I really hate it is cold and overcast days.  I love it when we get fast and hard thunderstorms and I love sunshine, but anything in between is just plain bleh!

Does that attitude sound familiar?  In Revelation 3 we read in the letter to the Laodiceans that God says "I wish you were either hot or cold, but because you are luke warm, I will spue you out of my mouth."  Harsh words, but why does God say that?

Well if we are hot for God we will live our lives with a passion for Christ and be an example to those who lack faith.  If we are cold towards God then He knows that He can turn us around in the same way that He did with Paul.

If we are however luke warm there is no passion in our lives at all and we do things out of religious tradition or habit and our lives are no testimony for God at all.

Will you choose to be hot for God?   Will you allow your faith to ignite a passion within you to follow God more deeply?  I hope you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment