Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Livening things up

A year after starting my garden make over I am finally starting to reap some benefits of my efforts. The best part being the availability of fresh, tasty and amazing herbs. They say fresh herbs are best eaten within 4 hours of picking. Well mine are gone like a flash!

I am so amazed at the difference fresh herbs can make. The strange part now is that if I get home late and am unable to pick my leaves for the day, the salad is just plain dull and bland. So what herbs can we add to our spiritual salad to liven things up?

Maybe for starters, the Celery of truth. With truth we can we can drive away deceit and lies and create a base for strong and lasting relationships. To balance truth, some Mint of kindness. With kindness we can give love and compassion to those we meet. Then add the Parsley of stead-fastness. When we are steadfast and secure in our relationship with God, we give others a positive example to follow. Next some Thyme for patience and Oregano of grace.

With our herbs in place, life should be a whole lot more tasty. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment