Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sibling fun

5th of September is my sister Jacquie's birthday. We are four years apart in age but I remember she always used to remind me that it was actually 3 years, 11 months and 2 days. Being the baby of the family myself, I've never known what it must be like to have a little sister or brother, but I can only imagine the fun it must have been, although my gran has said that apparently little miss Jacquie did ask if mommy and daddy could return me too the hospital, Lol!

Growing up I remember summer holiday's in garden and pool, trips around the Lowveld with family and friends and many wonderful times of fun. Mom pretty much used to let us get away with anything as long as it was innocent childhood play, but we both knew when that line was crossed.

Having a big sister in matric when I was in grade 8 proved to be very useful at our annual grade 8 / matric dance and finding one of my sisters friends to pair up with was real easy. I think Jac's even made me my very first mid-less top, Lol!

Family is a precious gift and one we would do well to appreciate. We have another family though too, our family in God. As God's family we can play the role of big sister or big brother to many young people in the world and be a secondary support to their natural family. Will you ask God to show you someone whom you can be family too and reach out to them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment