Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sophie and the chocolate cake

I can remember it as though it were yesterday. Mom, who is a real ace at baking, had baked one of her famous chocolate cakes and they were on the cooling rack. The next thing my sister and I knew we were being hauled into the kitchen with mom shouting, "who's been eating my chocolate cake?"

There before us lay the two cake halfs and sure enough there were chunks missing. My sister and I pleaded our innocence, but mom was having nothing of it. I can hardly blame her as I can only imagine the sight of two little girls standing side by side shaking their heads, all the while looking guilty as sin (after all, all kids have that naughty look).

Mom managed to rescue the cake with a little extra jam and yummy chocolate icing, but my sister and I knew, this wasn't going to be the end of it. A short while later another cake followed. This time we were banished from the kitchen. Lo and behold, but who was caught munching at the chocolate cake, but our cat Sophie. We were finally off the hook.

What a joy to know that when the devil hauls us before God, with sin dripping from our lips that we have a high priest who not only pleads our innocence but also pays the bail and sentence fine! Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment