Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

One foot forward

My mom had the privilege of climbing Mt Kilimanjaro several years back. The one fact that stuck in my mind from her amazing adventure was how tough things were on that final ascent.

The air so thin and temperatures so cold that making any steps forward at all were a victory on its own. The last few hundred meters taking comparatively speaking longer than the entire journey before.

I don't know about you but that certainly rang true to me. I know before me lies a great victory but the road to that moment seems so cold, wet and hard with little air to breath.

The Sherpa came to my mom's aid, willing her on every step, just saying one more step. The Holy Spirit is our great Sherpa, nudging us to just keep going one more step. If you are struggling with difficult circumstances, ask the Holy Spirit to come along side you and help you keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment