Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

War wounds

I don't now about you, but I've got scars all over my body. Most on my knees, but there's a nasty one over my eyebrow. Being partially deaf, my balance has never been good, so tripping up, especially as a kid was a regular occurance.

The amazing thing for me about scars is that they stand testimony to the human bodies ability to heal itself. In life we all have been wounded in one way or another and these wounds do leave emotional scars.

When we allow the Holy Spirit to work in our lives we have the annointing to heal from those wounds. As the scars heal we are able to reflect back on those incidents and remember but not feel the pain.

Sometimes we may look back on our old hurts and still feel pain there. That means that God isn't finished working there and that we have only healed to the degree that our subconscious can handle. As we pray we allow the Holy Spirit to open that old wound and remove the infection before he heals us further.

No comments:

Post a Comment