Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 14, 2012

Health Challenge


Some time back I was battling with constant migraines. After months of work, I managed to get them under control again. During that time a wise friend challenged me about my thinking about the migraines. The challenge was that I had started to own the migraines calling them “mine”.

After much thought I realized that of course he was right. What also came to remembrance were my early years in Johannesburg. I really struggled with the climate change and started getting bronchitis at regular intervals. At that stage I was in bible school and was really challenged by the teachings we had about divine healing.

Through these challenges and the ones I face now, I am learning the reality that in order to walk in God's divine health we need to apply and stand in faith when we are well. When we do, we make deposits into our faith bank to withdraw on later, but when we don't we not only leave the back door open for Satan to come in and attack us but we do not have the spiritual strength we need when sickness attacks.

If you are struggling with your health now, do what you have to in order to get well, but once you are, wake up every day and pray, “Lord Jesus, I thank you for my health today and I choose to live by faith.”

No comments:

Post a Comment