Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Buzz..... thud!

It must have been the antibiotics that had me on a bit of a buzz yesterday, but today I landed back on earth with a bit of a thud (well that's my excuse at least).  I could easily be tempted into saying that I don't "feel" happy, but truth be told it was a rather peaceful, quiet day.

We often confuse happiness and joy and sometimes get dragged into moodiness by "his serpentness".    What we must never forget is that happiness while being a valid emotion is not permanent and we need to learn to live in the Joy of the Lord which is a powerful, spiritual force.

Joy can take the ordinary and make it awesome simply by remembering that God is always with us and we are never alone.  Practicing God's presence daily takes work and it doesn't just happen by itself.  Knowing that God is our source of Joy and strength will sustain us even when life is on it's normal roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment