Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It did hurt

It hurt even more than I thought it would, but for the time being I feel I have made the right decision to protect my life and home. I do care though and gave the young lady enough provision to see her through for a while. At least if nothing else it buys me time to think.

Once enough time has passed maybe the right solution will present itself. Maybe it is best to leave things the way they are now OR maybe it is best for her to work under supervision. Maybe the best solution is to help her find an income independent of myself.

We all wrestle with decisions and wonder if we have done the right thing. God did too. Yes, that might sound surprising but we see many times in scripture where God changed his mind.

After wiping out all earths inhabitants we see regret when God declares to Noah, 'Never again will I destroy all mankind' (paraphrased). After threatening to destroy Nineveh, seeing their repentance God changes his mind. He spared them much to the embarrassment of Jonah.

If I have erred, I pray that God will guide me to corrective action. If not, I pray for confirmation. In all life's struggles all we can do is trust and lean on God. He is our devine source of strength and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment