Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, January 30, 2012

What's your colour?

My temperament has one big downfall. In life I often tend to view matters as being either black or white. It's yes or no and nothing in between. I thank God so much for the wonderful people he has brought into my life who are teaching me that there are even many shades of grey.

I was thinking today about what colour I would associate with happiness but could not come up with a single specific colour as different colours have the ability to stir different emotions in each of us.

Are there any specific colours that God thinks of when he thinks of us? I can think of two. "Though your sins were as scarlet, they shall be made white as snow". God sees our sins as scarlet because that is the colour of the blood sacrifice needed to cleanse our sins.

White symbolizes purity and new beginnings. It is also symbolic of loyal love, openness and truth. All wonderful traits of our relationship with God. Indeed we can praise that the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, and His mercies are new every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment