Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Periscope effect

I remember one sunny afternoon I came bouncing into the house. Our house has a glass front door which was standing open. I saw my sisters reflection in the door. As I came inside I immediately started speaking to her, only to find as I turned the corner that she wasn't there.

Confused I looked forward and saw her reflection again in the opposite lounge window. This time I could see her reflection was actually coming from the dining room window. I had to search a little further before I found her. The positioning of the windows had created a perfect periscope.

We often do that when we come into God's presence to worship. We think we are coming to the place where God is, yet when we turn the corner he isn't there. We have to search a little further to enter into his presence. That is because when God ordained the structure of the temple, there was an outer court, inner court and only then the Holy of Holy's.

We need to press on in our quest for God till we stand in his full presence. Then we will not behold a reflection but his pure image!

No comments:

Post a Comment